VertX® V100 Door/Reader Interface
Access Control Processing for Two Readers/Two Doors
The HID VertX products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for access control software host systems. The V100 Door/Reader interface connects two access control card readers via Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface controlling either one or two doors. The V100 features on-board flash memory, allowing program updates to be downloaded via the network. The V100 connects to the V1000 through a high speed RS-485 network. The V1000, in turn, communicates with the system host via industry standard TCP/IP protocol over 10/100 Mbps Ethernet or the Internet. This architecture minimizes the impact on corporate LANs by using only one TCP/IP address for every 32 interfaces and by handling low-level transactions on the RS-485 network.
- Reports supervised inputs.
- Connects to the V1000 via RS-485.
- Receives and processes real time commands from the V1000.
- Reports all activity to the V1000.
- Attractive polycarbonate enclosure protects components from damage.
- All connections and indicators are fully identified by silk-screened nomenclature on the cover.
- Processes off-line access control decisions based on facility code.
- UL 294 and UL 1076 recognized components.
- Dimensions: 5.8" W x 4.825" H x 1.275" D (147.32 mm x 122.55 mm x 32.38 mm)
- Weight: 12.4 oz (.35 kg)
- Power Supply Requirements
- 60 mA @ 9-18 VDC (with no readers connected)
- Recommended: Supervised linear power supply with battery backup, input surge protection, and AC fail and battery low contact outputs.
- When VertX is supplying power to readers the requirements are 600 mA @ 9-18 VDC.
- The V100 can supply 500 mA to two readers.
- Cable Distance
- RS485 – 4000 feet (1220 m) to host, using Belden 3105A, 22AWG twisted pair, shielded 100Ω cable
- Wiegand – 500 feet (150 m) to reader – using ALPHA 1299C 22AWG, 9-conductor, stranded, overall shield (Fewer conductors needed if all control lines are not used).
- Input Circuits – 500 feet (150 m), 2-conductor, shielded, using ALPHA 1292C (22AWG) or Alpha 2421C (18AWG)
- Output Circuits – 500 feet (150 m), 2-conductor, using ALPHA 1172C (22AWG) or Alpha 1897C (18AWG)
- Minimum wire gauge depends on cable length and current requirements.
- Operating Environment
- Indoors, or customer-supplied NEMA-4 rated enclosure
- Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing
- Communications Ports
- RS-485 – two wire.
- Two SIA standard Wiegand/Clock-and-Data ports
- UL 294 and UL 1076 Recognized Component for the US
- CSA 205 for Canada
- FCC Class A Verification
- EMC for Canada, EU (CE Mark), Australia (C-Tick Mark), New Zealand, Japan
- EN 50130-4 Access Control Systems Immunity for the EU (CE Mark)