VertX® V2000 ReaderInterface/Network Controller
Access Control Processing and Host Interface for Two Readers/Doors
The HID VertX products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control software host systems, communicating via industry standard TCP/IP protocol, over 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, or the Internet. The V2000 boasts a 32-bit RISC processor running the Linux Operating System. On-board flash memory allows program updates to be downloaded via the network. The V2000 connects to two access control card readers via Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface controlling either one or two doors. This architecture takes advantage of the existing corporate LAN and the existing CAT-5 cable.
- Connects with and stores a complete access control and configuration database for one or two controlled doors and 44,000 cardholders with expansion capability to 250,000 cardholders.
- Processes access control decisions.
- Reports supervised inputs/alarms with 255 priorities.
- Allows local connection of a laptop computer for diagnostics and configuration.
- Connects to the host and to other devices on the TCP/IP network.
- Receives and processes real time commands from the host software application.
- Reports all activity to the host
- Controls and communicates with all connected devices.
- Buffers offline transactions and uploads to the host when communication is restored.
- UL 294 and UL 1076 recognized components.
- Dimensions: 5.8" W x 4.825" H x 1.275" D (147.32 mm x 122.55 mm x 32.38 mm)
- Weight: 13.6 oz (.38 kg)
- Power Supply Requirements
- 160 mA @ 12-18 VDC (with no readers connected)
- Recommended: Supervised linear power supply with battery backup, input surge protection, and AC Fail and battery low contact outputs. V2000 can supply 350 mA @ 12 VDC to two connected readers. Separate supervised DC supply with battery back-up recommended for door locking or relay activated devices or for HID MaxiProx readers.
- Cable Distance
- TCP/IP – 300 feet (100 m) to next device using Category 5 cable, Alpha 9504C or 9405F
- Wiegand – 500 feet (150 m) to reader using ALPHA 1299C, 22AWG, 9-conductor, stranded, overall shield. (Fewer conductors needed if all control lines are not used)
- Input Circuits – 500 feet (150 m), 2-conductor, shielded, using ALPHA 1292C (22AWG) or Alpha 2421C (18AWG)
- Output Circuits – 500 feet (150 m), 2-conductor, using ALPHA 1172C (22AWG) or Alpha 1897C (18AWG)
- Minimum wire gauge depends on cable length and current requirements.
- Operating Environment
- Indoors or customer supplied NEMA-4 rated enclosure
- Temperature: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing
- Communication Ports:
- TCP/IP – 10 or 100 Mbps
- Standard Wiegand/clock and data – two ports
- UL 294 and UL 1076 Recognized Component for the US
- CSA 205 for Canada
- FCC Class A Verification
- EMC for Canada, EU (CE Mark), Australia (C-Tick Mark), New Zealand, Japan