EdgeReader ER40 82120
IP Intelligence at the Door with Integrated iCLASS Reader for Host Systems
The HID EdgeReader IP Access Solution puts control and host interface at the door -- right inside the HID contactless smart card reader. The HID EdgeReader ER40 is a unique iCLASS reader with an IP-enabled intelligent access control processor and host interface solution in a single unit. With the same footprint as a traditional reader, the EdgeReader ER40 provides a complete and full-featured access control hardware/soft- ware infrastructure and contactless smart card capability at "the edge" of the network for OEM software host systems. A perfect solution for new building installations, the EdgeReader ER40 requires less wiring and controls every access function at the door.
The cost-effective EdgeReader ER40 is ideally suited for today's IT-centric security environment, addressing the requirements for an IP-based solution incorporating PoE capability that takes advantage of existing CAT-5 cable infrastructure.
The EdgeReader ER40 can be fully integrated into any host system utilizing an IP network software interface.
- Complete - IP access solution that combines complete controller functions and host interface with an iCLASS R40 Reader
- Real Cost Savings - Network access is CAT-5 for communications and Power over Ethernet (PoE). Eliminates the need for separate power supplies or central controllers
- Established Open Architecture - Built on the HID OPIN™ platform and managed from a host application. Ideally suited for today's IT-centric security environment
- Stores up to 44,000 cards or credentials directly from the host
- 255 configurable priorities for supervised inputs/alarms
- Incorporates the HID OPIN Technology TCP/IP API with an available Windows DLL tool
- Built-in 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE), with 600mA available for external field devices
- Accepts local connection option via laptop for diagnostics and configuration
- Connects to host on the IP network
- Controls and powers all access devices at the door
- Buffers up to 5,000 transactions if communication is disrupted with host and uploads when
- network communications is restored
- Controls and reports any passback (hard/soft/med)
- RS-232 serial port for optional back-up via modem
- Dimensions 3.3" W x 4.8" H x 2.3" D (83.8 mm x 121.9 mm x 57.9 mm)
- Weight 14.7 oz (.400 kg)
- Card Data Formats Supports any card data format up to 128 bits
- Hardware 32-bit RISC CPU, 100 MHz processor
- Memory 8 MB onboard Flash memory; 32 MB SDRAM; 256K SRAM
- Visual Indicators Two LEDs indicate power/network activity and device I/O activity.
- Power Supply Requirements
- Relays can be configured to supply power as follows:
- Available Power: The EdgeReader is capable of supplying a total of 600 mA to field devices.
- Unpowered, relay contacts are rated for 2 A @ 30 VDC
- The EdgeReader is intended for use in indoor environments that comply with the following specifications:
- Operating Temperature 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
- Operating Humidity 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing
- Communication Ports
- Ethernet – 10 or 100 Mbps
- RS-232 – port for Modem or connectivity to other systems.
- Certifications UL 294 and UL 1076 Listed Component for the US pending, CSA 205 for Canada, FCC Class B Verification (FCC Class A Verification for reader portion only.) EMC for Canada, EU (CE Mark), Australia (C-Tick Mark), New Zealand, Japan